Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Happy" Drawings

I was given a task to find an image for our Grandparent's Day invitation. It needed to be a typical  happy, rainbow, smilie faced kid art image. And I couldn't find one! Apparently I don't keep records the typical... until today. My goal was to get the happiest pictures I could.

Here's what I did with kinderhaus:

Displayed the Renior painting, "Bal du moulin de la Galette",  and talked about the movement (opposite of "still life" that we did last week) and the joyous activities: dancing, eating, being with family and friends.


Next we watched this great little video to learn more about how Renoir painted: http://www.artbabble.org/video/ngadc/pont-neuf-paris-1872-auguste-renoir

When we went off to draw and paint, we played the song "Happy" by Pharrel Williams , which they loved listening to (over and over).

Here are some of the images that were drawn! Hopefully one or two of the dancers will make it on the invite!




(He's tasting a flower...)

(He's drinking hot chocolate...)

I'll share the official invite after the designers choose an image!






1 comment:

  1. Love it! I may use this idea with my kinders... we are doing a "serious" self portrait next week... would like to follow up with this version to talk about figure drawing a bit.

    ReplyDelete